2019 Saxon Trek
Saxon Trek is about discovering the Saxon villages of the Sibiu County, step by step. Walking from village to village in search of their culture, architecture, gastronomy, traditions and stories. Enjoying nature and the rural life with its slow pace and quietness.
In September 2019 we do a 8 days trekking tour around some of the Saxon villages from Sibiu. 150 kilometers of walking on unpaved roads, through forests and over the hills.
1. Roșia - Cornățel - Nucet - Hosman 14 km (4h)
2. Hosman - Fofeldea - Ilimbav - Chirpăr 24 km (7h)
3. Chirpăr - Veseud - Dealu Frumos 18 km (6h)
4. Dealu Frumos - Stejărișu - Mălâncrav 26 km (8h)
5. Mălâncrav - Nou Săsesc - Copșa Mare - Biertan - Richiș 22 km (7h)
6. Richiș - Alma Vii 11 km (3h)
7. Alma Vii - Moardăș - Mihăileni 12 km (3h)
8. Mihăileni - Șalcău - Vurpăr - Roșia 24 km (7h)