"Buna Vestire" Church ("the Church in the Pit”)
This is an orthodox church built during 1788 - 1789 on the expense of the widow Stana Hagi Petru Luca and rebuilt during 1802 - 1803 by her son-in-law after it was destroyed in the earthquake of October 26th, 1802.
The building itself isn’t an edifice to shine through its architectonic value, being a simple one, namely it has a hall with apsis and tower, below which there is a threshold, in the West side, all on the same longitudinal axis. There aren’t any lateral apsides on the outside or on the inside. Instead, the apsis of the shrine is semi-circular, with a smaller width than the aisle.
In respect to the facades, although simple, they are decorated with Doric capitals pilasters. The construction is made of brick, on which hot lime was cast which resulted in a strong structure similar to cement. The floor is made of stone slabs. Meanwhile it was replaced by white marble.
If we refer to the inside, the elements that stand out are the oil portraits of the three founders: Hagi Constantin Pop, Stana Hagi Petru Luca and Păuna, wife of Hagi Constantin Pop.
The altarpiece belongs to 1802 made of oak, with oil painting and baroque elements.