The Grand Synagogue of Sibiu is located on Constituţiei Street, being a Jewish place of worship, built during 1898-1899, in eclectic style.
The building consists of a two story rectangular wing. The main façade is coated with red brick. The ground floor is delimited from the first floor by a belt and a frieze made of stone decorated with green motifs.
The entrance door and the windows are finished on the upper side in a semi-circle shape. The superior glazed section is decorated with the Star of David. All the windows have on the upper side a white stone framework, finished with a broken arch.
The synagogue has three entrances: a central one, on the main façade and two on the side facades. On the main façade there is an entrance door, a twofold wooden door, having above it a transom window made of colourful glass decorated with the Star of David.
On the inside, the grand hall has numerous carved elements, with semi-circle arcade decorated with Moorish motifs on the central ceiling. The hall is naturally lit by the numerous windows at the ground floor as well as the first floor. The Moresque arcades are repeated between the multiple colonnades of handrail at the women’s gallery. The ceiling of the building is coffered, being decorated with marquetry drawn and painted by hand in neo-renaissance style.